The Braw Pics Blog is all about sharing Scotland with the world!
I mean, Scotland is such a cool place that it would be selfish for us Scots to keep it all to ourselves, right?!
So who runs this thing?
That would be me, Lucas! I am a patriotic young Scotsman on a mission to share my awesome homeland with the world.
By providing a mix of fun and informative articles about Scottish travel, culture and history, I hope to boost the amount of interest in our bonnie wee country; I want to make it a place that sits high up on people’s travel bucket lists.
A wee bit more about me:
I’m a 24 year old law graduate and freelance writer from Aberdeen, Scotland’s third-largest city. As you will know by now, I am extremely passionate about my country, and hence, my decision to start The Braw Pics Blog.
Want to know a few random titbits about me? Then check out the wee Q&A below!
- What is your full name? Lucas Sam Duncan
- When is your birthday? March 13th
- How tall are you? 6’1″ (185 cm)
- What colour are your eyes? Tough to say, but I would probably say green.
- What is your best quality? Loyalty
- What is your worst quality? Hmm, probably my tendency to overthink everything.
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, I have three younger siblings: two brothers and one sister.
- Do you have any pets? Yep, a wee Yorkie called Nacho!
- What is your favourite colour? Blue. Blue for Scotland!
- What is your favourite food? It is far too difficult to choose just one … but the first answer that came to mind was pizza.
- What is your favourite drink? My favourite soft drink is probably Sprite. And my favourite alcoholic drink is whisky … Scotch whisky, to be exact.
- What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, listening to music, and playing football (soccer).
- Do you have any tattoos? Yes! I have 6 smallish tattoos; they all have special meanings attached to them, mostly to do with my family.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A professional footballer
- What was your favourite subject at school? I am a massive history geek, so … history!
- What is your favourite movie? I can’t possibly choose just one movie as my favourite.
- How many countries have you been to? 13 (France, Spain, England, Egypt, Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Belgium, Holland, Poland, USA, Italy, and Greece)
- What are the top 3 places you want to visit that you haven’t yet? South America (specifically Argentina and Brazil), Japan, and Australia.
- What was your favourite book as a child? ‘The Twits’ by Roald Dahl
- What is your biggest fear? Spiders!! And I am not ashamed to admit it.
- If you could meet any one historical figure, who would it be? Well, since Scottish history is one of my biggest interests, I would have to say William Wallace! It would be so cool to meet Scotland’s most iconic hero in the flesh.
- What was your first job? I worked as a petrol station attendant when I was 18.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Time travel (history geek, remember!)
- Do you follow any sports teams? Yes, I follow two football teams: Aberdeen FC (my local team) and the Scotland National Team.
- Who has left the most impact on your life? My mother. Yes, I am a mummy’s boy!